Oh the nineties, the good old nineties!
Our business effectively dates back to 1997 when our founder and CEO Simon Burge first set out into the big wide world after graduating in Graphic Design at The University of Leicester.
The internet was in its infancy then but already, we could see that it was going to have a major impact on the everyday lives of people and business in a short space of time. Web design agencies were few and far between back then and it was a very specialist area. Most internet businesses were very techie and not particularly creative, unless you worked for an advertising agency.
Simon started life in a small design and print studio in the UK, before jetting off the the UAE to work for an international advertising agency. After a year or so, he then returned to the UK in 1999 to set up the first stages of what is now called Rocket SEO®.
The new millennium and beyond
Back to his roots, he once again worked for a few Kent based firms until setting up fully fledged web agency Media Garden Limited in 2004. This was his baby for many years which he ran with dedication and hard work until it was acquired by a London-based company in 2010. With new found freedom and a desire for a new challenge, he set off to Florida, USA to work as a freelancer for a number of local web agencies as an digital marketer and front-end designer.
Over the course of the next few years, the client base rapidly grew in the USA but more so in the UK as his ever expanding network grew. Demand for his digital marketing skills increased exponentially as his reputation for SEO was really gathering pace.
However over time, the airmiles and travel really started to take it’s toll and thus, it was time to make a difficult decision. He decided it was time to set up a new, dedicated Kent based company and thus, in 2013 Rocket SEO® was born. He soon returned to the UK to get the wheels in motion and the rest is history as they say…
Last 30 Posts
- Why Keyword Research Is Critical to SEO Strategy
- Google Penguin 4.0 – Facts, Fiction & The Final Verdict
- Is a major algo update brewing at Google?
- All links are created equal, but some links are more equal than others
- Is URL cannibalisation killing your ranking potential?
- Top Google Search Trends & Predictions for 2016
- The Importance of Applying Strategy for Successful Internet Marketing
- Forget short-tail keyword optimisation – long-tail is the future
- Google to rank mobile friendly websites higher
- 10 Common Mistakes Website Owners Need to Avoid
- Recent Google results showing major signs of yo-yoing!
- Confirmed: Penguin 3.0 algorithm update finally released
- Google Penguin refresh could arrive as early as next week!
- Google’s Sandbox makes a return hampering new sites from ranking
- Ebay sensationally slapped with Google penalty!
- Confirmed Google Panda 4.0 algorithm update being rolled out
- Are several rolled out Google updates going unreported?
- Small businesses breathe sigh of relief at news of a softer “Panda” release in the future
- What does the future hold for Google’s page rank system?
- Google will never reveal their ‘secret sauce’ ingredients
- Google targets rich snippet spam in latest round of manual penalties
- Is negative SEO a realistic concern for 2014 and beyond?
- Understanding Google’s algorithm changes and how to prosper in 2014
- Has your website suffered post Google penguin 2.0?