Oh the nineties, the good old nineties!
Our business effectively dates back to 1997 when our founder and CEO Simon Burge first set out into the big wide world after graduating in Graphic Design at The University of Leicester.
The internet was in its infancy then but already, we could see that it was going to have a major impact on the everyday lives of people and business in a short space of time. Web design agencies were few and far between back then and it was a very specialist area. Most internet businesses were very techie and not particularly creative, unless you worked for an advertising agency.
Simon started life in a small design and print studio in the UK, before jetting off the the UAE to work for an international advertising agency. After a year or so, he then returned to the UK in 1999 to set up the first stages of what is now called Rocket SEO®.
The new millennium and beyond
Back to his roots, he once again worked for a few Kent based firms until setting up fully fledged web agency Media Garden Limited in 2004. This was his baby for many years which he ran with dedication and hard work until it was acquired by a London-based company in 2010. With new found freedom and a desire for a new challenge, he set off to Florida, USA to work as a freelancer for a number of local web agencies as an digital marketer and front-end designer.
Over the course of the next few years, the client base rapidly grew in the USA but more so in the UK as his ever expanding network grew. Demand for his digital marketing skills increased exponentially as his reputation for SEO was really gathering pace.
However over time, the airmiles and travel really started to take it’s toll and thus, it was time to make a difficult decision. He decided it was time to set up a new, dedicated Kent based company and thus, in 2013 Rocket SEO® was born. He soon returned to the UK to get the wheels in motion and the rest is history as they say…
Last 30 Posts
- 10 Outdated SEO Tactics You Should Trash Immediately
- Top SEO Tips for Your New Website in 2019
- 10 SEO Mistakes That Could Attract Google Content Penalties
- 5 Quick Ways to Boost SEO & Get Traffic to A New Website
- White Hat SEO Techniques That Keep Your Business in Front of Your Audience
- Why You Need To Invest In Regular Content Audits
- The Place of User Experience (UX) in SEO
- 6 Actionable Tips For Driving Traffic To Your Online Store
- What is SEO Friendly Website Design in 2018?
- Top 5 Most Effective Types of Social Media Advertising in 2018
- Structured Data for SEO: How to Get Rich Snippets
- Why Keyword Research Is Critical to SEO Strategy
- Google Penguin 4.0 – Facts, Fiction & The Final Verdict
- Is a major algo update brewing at Google?
- All links are created equal, but some links are more equal than others
- Is URL cannibalisation killing your ranking potential?
- Top Google Search Trends & Predictions for 2016
- The Importance of Applying Strategy for Successful Internet Marketing
- Forget short-tail keyword optimisation – long-tail is the future
- Google to rank mobile friendly websites higher
- 10 Common Mistakes Website Owners Need to Avoid
- Recent Google results showing major signs of yo-yoing!
- Confirmed: Penguin 3.0 algorithm update finally released
- Google Penguin refresh could arrive as early as next week!
- Google’s Sandbox makes a return hampering new sites from ranking
- Ebay sensationally slapped with Google penalty!
- Confirmed Google Panda 4.0 algorithm update being rolled out
- Are several rolled out Google updates going unreported?
- Small businesses breathe sigh of relief at news of a softer “Panda” release in the future
- What does the future hold for Google’s page rank system?
Archives by Month:
- April 2019
- January 2019
- October 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- October 2017
- August 2017
- October 2016
- August 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- October 2015
- June 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- December 2014
- October 2014
- August 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014